Work Wife? A real-talk cross generational conversation about growth and development through times of stress

Speaker: Laporsche Thomas

Description of Podcast: This podcast and the conversations we have can fit the educational environment, since we all experience some form of growth, guidance and loneliness in our perspective fields. Since my focus is teaching people in a newsroom/ corporate setting, I wanted to approach this project a tad bit differently. I wanted to create a podcast for those of us who love honest conversation with a bit of comedy and education. The way we work is changing and we are seeing that now more than ever. I wanted to promote cross-generational conversations...so that we (different generations) can stop accusing each other and learn from one another. I turned to someone in the newsroom that I look up to (my big sister but for entertainment purposes work wife fit better) to help me with the project. We are a really great example of what learning from each other and totally disagreeing with each other can look like in the right environment. I am not a fan of super produced or overproduced podcasts so the chill nature and opening of this podcast was planned. I want people to feel like they walked into the break room and just started listening to us speak. The chill and goofy feel is very purposefully...with the hopes that it will encourage learning. We’re not speaking at you...we’re speaking with you. Want to know why we call it work wife...well you’ll have to listen to find out. Let me know what you think!

Bio: LaPorsche Thomas is an energetic TV-Digital Reporter/ Producer at The NBC Affiliate in Atlanta (11Alive). LaPorsche works everyday to enhance the community by using a journalistic magnifying glass to examine and help explore the Atlanta culture in its many different forms. Her work has inspired change on the Georgia State Senate floor and has even made it all the way up to the desk of the President to influence veteran based legislation.

LaPorsche enjoys contributing to the digital space through creating specialized entertainment and influencer based lifestyle content catered to a digital first audience, analyzing analytics to examine successes and contributing to the digital conversation.

LaPorsche received an A.B.J in Digital & Broadcast Journalism and a B.A. in Communication Studies from the University of Georgia...Go Dawgs!. She's a Bill and Melinda Gates Scholar and has earned over $500,000 in scholarship funds.

A podcast that gives a behind the scene look at life in the media industry while also promoting cross-generational conversation between two minority women living in modern times. Let me set the scene...you just walked into the break room and this is what you hear...enjoy!

Made with Padlet

Additional Resource

Laporshe Speaks Blog

Evaluation Form

Please fill out the Evaluation Form to let us know how we did and how we can improve.
Submitting an Evaluation Form for the minimum of 3 sessions is required for those seeking CPE credit. For every 3 sessions you earn 1 hour of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit.

Skip to toolbar