TikTok turned Educational? Come learn about FlipGrid and Engagement

Paul Davies, Faith Boyer & Jami Williamson

How do you “Rock it?” A merge between Plate Tectonics and FlipGrid and a variety of uses in your classroom. Learn about Plate TikToniks from a 6th grade classroom where learning gets groovy and stay for multiple modes of learning with FilpGrid from Faith Boyer! Get up, get down, have fun learning all around with this user friendly app.

Paul Davies: Hello! I am a 3rd year teacher at a Project Based Learning middle school in Manor, TX. I serve as Department head for Sciences as well as an Echo Administrator - our campus learning management system. When it comes to education and technology, I believe in merging the two and promoting 21st century skills for my scholars. I keep learning relevant and fun as we explore technology and applications that will shape their future learning and future careers.

Faith Boyer: Hi! I am a 4th grade teacher in Fort Irwin, CA. I have experience from PK-5th grade, teaching all subjects. With technology, especially educational technology, I consider myself (almost) a specialist. I enjoy learning and implementing technology in my classroom, as well as providing support to my fellow staff. My goal is to eventually lead professional development and push-in support for classroom teachers.

Jami Williamson is a graduate student in the Educational Technology program at Texas State University. Before attending Texas State she earned a B.A. in English from Texas A&M-Central Texas. She has taught English Language Arts 8-12 for 8 years. Prior to teaching, she served as a combat medic in the US Army, where she earned the Combat Action Badge in Baghdad, Iraq.

Made with Padlet

Additional Resource

Remote Learning with Flipgrid
Flipgrid Library (need a Flipgrid account to view, sign up - it's free)

Evaluation Form

Please fill out the Evaluation Form to let us know how we did and how we can improve.
Submitting an Evaluation Form for the minimum of 3 sessions is required for those seeking CPE credit. For every 3 sessions you earn 1 hour of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit.

Skip to toolbar